If you’re looking for a firm that will focus on your individual needs, and always treat you like a client who matters, look no further. I offer a full range of professional services to give you the individual attention that you deserve.

I will thoroughly and conscientiously study your personal situation, and tailor my advice to your specific needs.

All US Residents need to file tax returns

If you live in the US and earn income (legally or illegally) you must file a tax return in most all cases.  The IRS considers non-US citizens to be “aliens”, which is just a legal term.  Some resident aliens with valid work visas will qualify for a Social Security Number.  Other resident aliens can get an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).so that they can file tax returns.  See IRS Publication 4327.  We can help file the needed W-7 form with the first tax return to get the ITIN.

Return to Top

Unfiled Returns

If you have neglected to file a tax return from a previous year or years you should do so immediately–even if you think you can’t pay. The penalties and interest you may face for not filing a return are often much worse than if you file but do not pay in full. In other words, you have nothing to gain by not filing tax returns except hefty fines and possible jail time. We have the expertise you need to straighten out your misunderstanding with the IRS. Once we have filed your missing returns, we can help you work out a payment plan or an Offer in Compromise. Please note that the IRS will not accept any payment arrangement or revoke a lien or levy until all delinquent tax returns are filed. Contact us today to learn more about filing your overdue tax returns.

Return to Top


If your business does not currently have accounting staff or if your business is outgrowing its current bookkeeping system, we can provide comprehensive bookkeeping and write-up services to ensure the smooth operation of the financial side of your business. As your business needs grow and change, we can provide input and planning assistance to make sure your accounting and financial systems keep pace with your business needs.

Return to Top

Payroll Services

Constantly changing federal, state and local laws and tax regulations make payroll management an ongoing challenge for business owners. Our payroll services professionals are well versed on these laws and regulations. We can proactively alert you to material changes that will affect your business and your employees while also keeping payroll running smoothly no matter how large your business and your employee population become.

Return to Top

Injured Spouse Relief

You may qualify for Injured Spouse Relief if the IRS uses the refund from your joint return to offset certain past-due debts that are the sole responsibility of your spouse or former spouse, such as taxes, child support, or student loans. Injured Spouse Relief should not be confused with Innocent Spouse Relief. You may be classified as an Injured Spouse if you do not receive your portion of a refund because of your spouse’s debt, whereas Innocent Spouse Relief applies to debt for which you are technically co-responsible, but not liable because of circumstances. Whatever the cause, we can help you rectify an unfair tax liability and get you your money. Our tax experts will closely examine your case to see if you qualify for Injured Spouse Relief and/or any other IRS Relief programs.

Return to Top

IRS Audit Representation

Have you received a Notice of Audit and Examination Scheduled from the IRS? An IRS audit is a review of an organization’s or individual’s accounts to ensure information is being reported correctly. Ignoring an audit usually means the IRS files your return for you and you end up paying much more. An IRS audit is a serious situation, but with experienced help most tax difficulties can be resolved. You don’t have to face an audit alone. Our associates are qualified to represent you before the examination division of the IRS. Oftentimes we can save taxpayers many times the cost of representation and quickly bring the audit to a close.

Return to Top

Payroll Taxes Owed

Falling out of compliance with IRS payroll regulations can destroy your business. Not only that, it can ruin your personal finances. Perhaps you’ve gotten behind on payroll taxes through an oversight or a temporary lack of funds. Whatever the reason, it is important to note that the IRS pays particular attention to small businesses that fall behind on their employees’ federal withholdings. If the IRS decides that your business has violated payroll tax rules it may come after your personal bank accounts and assets–even if your business files for bankruptcy protection. If you have received correspondence from the IRS about payroll issues, you need experienced representation now. Let our tax experts help you resolve your payroll tax issues so you can get back to running your business.

Return to Top

Back Taxes Owed

Have you filed your tax returns every year, but not paid all the tax you owe? Maybe you just didn’t have enough money at the time and planned to pay more later. Unfortunately, the penalties and interest that are added to back taxes greatly increase how much you will ultimately owe the government. If you are delinquent on your taxes and haven’t yet heard from the IRS, you soon will. The IRS may place a lien on your property or a levy on your bank accounts or wages. The potential damage from unpaid back taxes can be financially ruinous, but it is often avoidable. We can help you assess your tax debt options and negotiate a workable payment plan with the IRS. Unpaid back taxes is a problem that rarely goes away on its own. Contact us today and resolve your tax liability issues.

Return to Top

Notary Public

A notary public can help you to handle various business matters, including witnessing and authenticating document execution and signatures.  We offer Notary Public services and are available when you’re in need.

Return to Top

Fair Pricing

Tax return preparation is charged by the form, and we support electronic filing.  There is no additional charge to help decipher IRS correspondence, and we prefer to look at any IRS notices before you contact the IRS or other taxing agency.  If you are our client, in many cases we will write the letter or make the phone call to clear up an issue with no additional charge.

We encourage year round tax planning for a small included fee each year as we want folks to call when changes occur. A mid-year estimate or W-4 modification avoids unexpected amounts owed.

Most returns fall between $200 and $900. Our prices are comparable to the big franchise tax return preparers, although Kinna often has a great many more years of experience preparing tax returns.

Very simple returns can be filed for free (both Federal and State) at  We often encourage dependents to do this, but prefer to talk through the family’s situation first.  Children and students generally cannot claim themselves as they are dependents of another filer, such as their parents.  When there are child and/or education credits to be considered it is wise to seek professional support to preserve the best option for all involved. Examples of simple returns would be those that include just W-2s, interest statements, and possibly Social Security payments.

I haven’t raised prices in a great many years, and so we finally reviewed the IRS time estimates, training requirements, and potential preparer risks and penalties to adjust our billing by form prices.  Like many, in the past year our energy prices, property taxes, and insurance at the office and at home have nearly doubled.

Additionally, we have moved out of my home office into a retail space, and added two Enrolled Agent Apprentices.  This involved a large investment in computer equipment, software and, facility costs.  Our continuing education budget has tripled.

Reluctantly we had to adjust pricing to remain viable and provide the quality of service we want to give.  Once again, we appear to be comparable to the big chain tax preparation firms, but we are open year-round and like to help pre-plan next year’s refund.

Bookkeeping services start at $50 per hour.  Setting up a new chart of accounts in Quickbooks for a business or non-profit is usually around $750, and we teach or coach you how to use the Quickbooks features that make your life easier.  Quarterly or monthly payroll support starts at $295 per period.  If gross sales are under $100,000 sales tax reporting may be included;  if there are more than 3 periodic sales tax reporting jurisdictions the sales tax reporting will incur additional fees starting at $100 per month.

Mobile Notary fees are $5 per form.  Trip charges to your location in Harvey Park are $10, and in the metro area $25.

Return to Top